Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Believe In Yourself

I have been attending an art journaling class at The Scrapbook Factory for the last few months.  Our little group meets once a month to learn new art journaling techniques, try out new products available, and of course a lot of comaradery.

Last week my instructor ask if I would like to join her for lunch.  We had talked about getting together before but our timing was always off. 

She began the conversation off with stating that she would only be teaching for a very few months.  Her husband is military and will be retiring March 2013.  At that time they plan to move to Iowa to be closer to family.
I was pleasantly surprised when she told me she had talked to the owner of the shop about hiring me to replace her teaching art journaling. 

What a lovely compliment!

Then that all enemy of mine, Dragon Face Insecurity raised his head and started throwing fire bombs at me.  I dodged the first fire bomb aimed at weakening me.  His fiery breath screamed out that I had no talent.
I silently told myself that I may not have talent but still my pages were better than the other class members.  He struck again with another fire bomb hissing closely at my ear, "you don't know enough to teach others!"  Just about that time my teacher said she thought I knew more than she did.  Ha!  I guess that put Dragon Face Insecurity in his place.

So I told her I would think about it.  My first step will have to be to start believing in my abilities. 

The following is a page from my journal.  I have entitled it "Believe In Yourself".

No comments:

Post a Comment